Adam's Cloud: Return to the homepage
  • blog
  • shop
  • adam's stories
  • toys and games
  • about adam
  • media
decorative star
Adam's new book image

Benji's Blog!

Welcome to our blog! This is where we like to keep everyone up to date with the latest news, tips on how to have lots of fun with the kids, and share little tricks for creating more time to spend together. Come in and enjoy, we'd love to hear any of your comments as well so don't be shy!!

Thursday 20 February 2014

The Power Of Love

Last week I received this extraordinary message from a very special mum that not only touched me deeply but also demonstrates the power of love and the importance of expressing your love for your children every day as we never know what challenges lie in wait to test us.
 
 
 
Hi Benji,

I just thought it would be nice for me to share this with you. In July 2012 I gave birth to identical twin boys but while we were still in hospital one of my boys became critically unwell. He had necrotising entrocolitis which resulted in his bowel rupturing when he was 6 days old. He had sepsis & septic shock and was well & truly fighting for his life. He suffered problems with his heart which made his heart beat extremely fast at times so his heart rate was always a huge concern. When he was in intensive care I wanted him to hear my voice as much as possible and so I brought in your wonderful books which belonged to my older children. I loved reading the I love you book, "Before you Sleep," to him, I'd read it over & over and one evening the intensive care nurse said to me that it was amazing, his heart rate had come right down as I read to him. Because of this I know he was hearing me. As a result of his illness he lost his hearing and is now awaiting cochlear implant. What I really wanted you to know is that those stories are amongst the last words Noah heard & I can't imagine any nicer story so full of love to have told him, so thank you so much for writing it. We are all looking forward to the next book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter Visit YouTube Channel Visit Google+ Page Visit LinkedIn Page